The Force (13-4-2-0; 28 pts.) are off to a hot start and look continue that success in a trio of home games vs. the Tri-City Storm (8-6-0-1; 17 pts.) this weekend. The Force are currently ranked first in the Western Conference with a 6-point lead over the second ranked Des Moines Buccaneers.
The last faceoff between Fargo and Tri-City was back in November, and it resulted in a split. Fargo came away with a 5-2 victory in night one and Tri-City secured a 3-2 overtime win in night two, both games were hosted by Tri-City. This is the last time the teams are scheduled to meet in the regular season.
Fargo and Tri-City are both 3-1in the month of January and both of the team’s losses have come from the Sioux City Musketeers. Current point leaders for the Force include Jeremy Davidson (7G-13A-20P) Davidson is currently averaging over a point a game, Tristan Broz (6G-11A-17P) and Jake Braccini (6G-9A-15P). Point leaders for the Storm include Carter Mazur (6G-6G-12P) and Hunter Strand (5G-7A-12P).
There are some new Force faces to look out for on the ice as well!
- Aaron Huglen (22) is a forward from Roseau, MN. After 20 months off the ice due to an injury, Huglen returned to the ice two weeks ago and has been making plays ever since. In four games he’s had four goals and two assists for six points, one of those goals came in his very first game back on the ice. Huglen was drafted 4th round by the Buffalo Sabers in 2019, and has committed to play D1 hockey at the University of Minnesota.
- Cody Monds (15) is a forward from Brocksville, ON, CAN. He has played three games so far with the Force and has scored a goal in two of those. He previously played on the Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL) where he scored 22 goals and had 37 assists in 57 games for a total of 59 points last season. He was runner-up for the BCHL rookie of the year and is committed to playing D1 hockey for Providence College.
- Hudson Thornton (27) is a defenseman from Winnipeg, MB, CAN. He’s played eight games with the Force and put up one goal and two assists. He had 6 goals and 11 assists for 17 points with his previous team the Chilliwack Chiefs. Thornton is committed to playing D1 hockey for the University of Minnesota Duluth.
- Bear Hughes (28) is the newest member of the Force, as he arrived in Fargo on Monday and will be in the line-up vs Tri City this weekend. He’s a forward from Post Falls, Idaho. He came to Fargo from the Spokane Chiefs, who have not started playing this year due to COVID. In his last season with the Chiefs he had 16 goals and 31 assists for 47 points in 61 games, and was drafted 5th round by the Washington Capitals in the 2020 draft.
The action starts this Thursday the 14th with College Night, puck drop at 7:05 PM!
- Five-dollar tickets for all students that present a valid college ID at the box office
- Two for five Bush and Coors light pounders before the puck drop (this special occurs at every Fargo Force home game!)
Friday the 15th is Boy-Scout Night sponsored by Fleet Farm! Troops from around the FM area will attend Friday’s matchup to cheer on the Black and Blue, puck drop at 7:05 PM.
Saturday the 16th has an earlier 6:05 start time and its Family Night sponsored by Buffalo Wild Wings. For only 50 dollars you can purchase the Buffalo Wild Wings 4-pack which includes,
- 4 reserved seat tickets (in the blue zone)
- 4 small pops
- 4 small popcorns
- 1 shareable appetizer at Buffalo Wild Wings